Thursday, July 13, 2006

Two Weeks in San Fran, Day 11

July 13, Tenderloin and Berkeley HIlls

I discovered that the Phoenix Hotel has free breakfast! Which is great, since Dave left the East Bay before seeing that I was fed, but it's bad because the crappy internet access here doesn't reach to the breakfast area. So I can work at a real table with room to move my mouse (other than the 24" round tile-top table in our room that serves as a "desk") but I can't really get any work done because I need the internet!

So off to Berkeley to hang with Jerry Michalski (bringing, yes, Saigon Sandwiches with me...must evangelize...), where he and Dave picked me up in his 1962 Sunbeam (his is white). I wedged myself into the back... um... luggage area? (it's not big enough to really be a seat) and headed up the hill.

Whee...!

No comments: