Saturday, July 15, 2006

Two Weeks in San Fran, Day 13

July 15, Berkeley Hills

I had a bunch of work to do today so I worked at Jerry's house all day until dinner, when I drove into Berkeley to meet with Dave and the rest of his Dream Team. Jerry gave me directions that took me along Grizzly Peak Boulevard for miles, with some of the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen. On the way home, I caved in and stopped, like a good tourist, for a photo (I'll post when I get home, though it won't do the experience any justice at all). The view was the entire East Bay, all the way across the water to the entire City, plus all the surrounding mountains, the fog rolling in and the sun setting. There I was, above the clouds, looking down on it all.

Wow.

I got back to Jerry's house, planning for a boring evening of internet surfing, but Al Chang (Jerry's housemate)'s girlfriend, Laura Bathurst, was there unexpectedly from Stockton. She had cracked a bottle of wine and we got to talking about societal behavioral differences and self-confidence and moving to Madrid (possibly) and moving to San Francisco (for sure) and all kinds of great stuff. She talks faster than me, if that's even possible, and we put away several bottles before the Dream Team arrived home. They joined us for even more wine (we regretted this later but it was fun at the time) and about 2AM we finally hit the sack.

In two days we're leaving to go home. Tear.

No comments: