Sunday, July 16, 2006

Two Weeks in San Fran, Day 14

July 16, Berkeley Hills

Tomorrow we leave.

I'm not ready.

We went down to Richmond to visit Francis and James today, who (finally!) bought a little comfy house for themselves. It's adorable, of course, (as is their cat, Chloe-I miss my felines) with a garden that is prize-worthy and designed by Francis, who also made us dinner (James cleaned up, thanks James!). We hung out on their deck for many hours, basking in the California sunshine. Who would not want to live here?

Francis took us back, pointing out million-dollar homes on the way. As Al Chang's girlfriend, Laura Bathurst, said last night, "San Francisco is the perfect place to live but for the cost of living."

Can we do it?

1 comment:

Riaz said...

I've never felt more the loss of leaving then as I drove out the hills of berkeley.